We are dedicated to providing opportunities for long-term self-sufficiency through quality employment. Job training is an effective alternative to other education options and opens doors to high-paying, in-demand occupations in much less time.
Construction Skills Academy Colorado Springs
We currently offer accelerated construction pre-apprenticeship certification that provides an on-ramp into the construction trades.
Build a foundation for a career in construction.
We offer in-person construction pre-apprenticeship training here in Colorado Springs! Prepare for a career in construction and receive job placement assistance upon completion of training.
Home Builders Institute: Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (HBI: PACT) is one of only three Department of Labor-recognized construction pre-apprenticeship credentials in the nation, and it serves as a foot in the door to hundreds of in-demand occupations within the construction trades. These trades provide livable wages and great opportunities for advancement.
The certificates earned will jumpstart your construction career through hands-on training and exposure to essential construction skills in only 8 weeks. See Details Below!
Students will receive:
✔️ Solid foundation of construction skills
✔️ Exposure to a variety of trades
✔️ OSHA-10 Certification
✔️ Career support and networking with employers and local apprenticeships
✔️ Free HeadStart Tool Kit with tools you’ll need to start your career in the trades ($280 value- conditions apply)
✔️ HBI Pre-apprenticeship Certifications
Schedule and Location
Hands on classes start every other month and run from 5:00pm-8:45pm three nights per week for 8 weeks. This schedule allows students flexibility that does not interfere with their other daily responsibilities.
3370 Chelton Loop S.
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
How much does it Cost?
Training is offered at a discounted price to the student, thanks to our generous partners. Priority enrollment is given to out-of-school youth with less than a high school diploma and low-income, in-school youth. Space is limited.
- Identify jobsite safety issues
- Describe best safety practices for construction
- Identify and demonstrate different types of Personal Protective Equipment
- Understand and practice correct lift and carry techniques for one and two people with standard building materials
- Identify proper safety and use related to scaffolding
- Demonstrate proper ladder safety, setup, and use
- Obtain an OSHA 10 hour certification
- Basic jobsite first aid
- Basic fire safety procedures
Construction Industry Knowledge
- Identify career pathways related to construction
- Understand scope of projects in construction
- Demonstrate technical and academic requirements for career pathways
- Demonstrate the proper use and identification of various materials related to construction, including safety procedures
- Practice math operations related and commonly used in construction industry
- Understand various math formulas to solve construction problems
- Apply math formulas to common construction problems
- Demonstrate math skills needed to pursue a career in construction
Exposure to Different Trades
- The opportunity to meet with industry leaders
- Exposure to different trades from guest speakers working in the industry
- Identify process for legal employment in the field of construction
- Understand basic elements of the employment process in construction
- Demonstrate ability to compose elements for employability in construction
- Demonstrate skills required to find, apply, secure and retain successful employment in construction
- Prepare life skills needed for a job in the construction industry
Hand and Power Tools
- Demonstrate the proper use and identification, including safety procedures, for various hand tools related to construction
- Demonstrate the proper use and identification, including safety procedures, for various power tools related to construction
- Demonstrate the proper safety, use, care, and maintenance of power tools/equipment
- Identify/select appropriate power tools for specific tasks in carpentry and other trades
- Identify specific tools and materials a worker needs to complete different tasks in various trades.
- Demonstrate ability to safely use hand and power tools involved in construction
- Demonstrate proper safe techniques in assembling projects
- Demonstrate ability to apply blueprint reading to projects
- Develop skills through increasingly complex building projects
- Understand common terms used in blueprint reading
- Identify and define various views used in blueprint reading
- Identify different types of lines used in drawings
- Identify selected symbols and abbreviations used in construction plans
- Read plans, elevations, schedules, etc. used in construction drawing
- Identify and understand parts used in a specification
Get started now! Fill out an interest form through the button below and start the journey to a rewarding career in the construction industry.
Get Started With our local HBI: PACT Bootcamp
1. Fill out the interest form on this page.
Once you sign up, you will get more information about our training process and you will be sent an online application which takes about 10 minutes to fill out.
2. Connect with our admissions team.
Once we receive your application, our admissions team will contact you to determine if this program is a fit for your career goals.
3. Begin training.
Start your journey to a great career!
Next HBI: PACT Training starts:
+March 11, 2024
+May 6th, 2024
+July 1st, 2024
+August 26th, 2024
Brought to you in Partnership with
BuildStrong Academy of Colorado
BuildStrong Academy of Colorado is committed to building strong careers, a ready workforce, and a thriving economy.
It is an industry-driven academy that is creating a much-needed skilled workforce for construction. It offers a direct career path to its students and is on a mission to create 1 million jobs by 2035.
3595 E. Fountain Blvd. Suite 200,
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
(719) 249- 0123